Friday, May 10, 2013

So, I got up at 7:30am for no reason.

So, the weather's been reeeally nice so far this month! Thank god~ I am so done with winter. David and I decided to stay home for Golden Week, which was nice. Got lots of rest and we've been watching Doctor Who. David told me he wasn't interested at first, but then he started loading the episodes before I even suggested it, so woo hoo~ Now, if only he'd be so eager to watch Sherlock...

Anywho~ On Monday I got up early to go into work. The trains were a bit busier than normal that morning, but I didn't really give it any thought. I walked off to work and took the elevator upstairs only to discover the door was locked. Odd~ Everyone is always there by then. So, I looked at the little schedule hanging on the notice board. Monday was a holiday. Oops. So, I got up at 7:30am for no reason. Damn~ But, no matter. It was a lovely day, so I walked over to the local park and took a seat on a bench near the pond. I had my kobo with me, so I sat down and just read for about 2 hours. It was gorgeous~ Almost a little too hot, but there was a really nice breeze to counteract that. The gardeners have been busy the past week or so making the park all beautiful and the smell of spring flowers was everywhere. Oh man, it was amazing. I've never really stepped into a park and been engulfed in floral scents before, but it was really nice! When I finally left, I thought my arms felt rather warm and I didn't realise until I got home that I gave myself a sunburn on my forearms! And on my scalp along my hair part. Damn!
At work Chiga and Midori have been handing out the monthly newsletter to all our parents. They asked me to write a little spot for it. I guess the parents like to hear from the foreign teachers and hear about the customs and holidays and whatnot. Mike and I are going to alternate every other month. Here's what I wrote for May~
Hi everyone! I'm so excited that it's finally May! At home we have a saying that "April showers bring May flowers". In May many people start to work on their gardens and there's flowers everywhere! My mum has a garden filled with roses and it's lovely! She loves to garden! In Canada we celebrate Victoria Day at the end of the month. It is a holiday, usually around the 24th of May, celebrating old Queen Victoria of England's birthday. Everyone gets a long weekend and we all celebrate with parties, barbeques, parades and fireworks! It's brilliant! I'm really looking forward to the nice, warm weather that May will bring. Have a wonderful May everybody!
 On top of that, they were handing out the Scholastic book flyer. Oh my god. I haven't seen those since I was in grade 8! Nostalgiaaaa~ It was hilarious. I flipped through and I noticed that they're still selling Goosebumps and the Horrible Histories! I used to love the Horrible History books~!
Ai-sensei recently brought me in some cold prevention syrup. Her mother makes it, apparently. David had a really bad cold recently and after she heard me mention it, Ai-sensei decided to give us some as a gift! I think it's Karin Syrup? I'm pretty sure that's what it said. The Front of the bottle says: Jam Obasan or Jam Auntie. Cute, eh?
I popped into Starbucks on my way home today~ It's payday today so I thought I'd treat myself with my first paycheck. They had a memo board in front of their handoff area where all the partners wrote a little blurb about their favourite drinks and whatnot. A few of the girls in there practice their English with me whenever I go in and they included some on their cards!
David and I are both off on Sunday, so we may go on a mini adventure, but we're not sure yet. We're gonna at least go into Sendai. But, we'll see. And tomorrow I go back to the dentist and Utako-sensei is gonna continue my root canal work. Woo~

No comments:

Post a Comment