Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I got Mickey on it this time!

So, David and I were supposed to go to the theatre last week to watch Sugar Rush. (Wreck it Ralph's Japanese name.) But, it was only available in Japanese. Cry. Oh well. We did go out for a nice dinner, though. And on the way home we saw a display setup to promote the new Monster's University movie. coming out. So, naturally, we had to take a picture~
We popped to the grocery store and picked up a few snacks and I picked up a box of Fairtrade chocolate. The box was really cute and the chocolate was nice. It was really cheap, too. Like 100yen. I thought it'd be more expensive, but there you are. At the Sega World near our apartment they had some new prizes, too. And I fell in love with the Hello Kitty x Evangelion collab keychains. We tried to win one, but no dice. Oh well.
So, on the 25th at 4am there was a worldwide livestream event for The Hobbit movie. Peter Jackson was taking questions through twitter and youtube and also giving us a sneak peek of the next movie. I stayed up to watch it. It was awesome! I'm super excited to see The Desolation of Smaug in December. Not so excited to see all the massive spiders, but I'm excited to see Smaug.

George and Keita came up to Sendai on Monday. We all met up and got together. It was great! I miss George. He's such a weirdo, but he's fun. We spent about 2 hours trying to help them find a hotel and then Keita went to do his own thing and we just window shopped with George. We all met up for dinner later that night, which was great. I don't remember the name of our restaurant, but it was Japanese style food and it was so pretty! The presentation was really nice~ Especially for the salad! My iPod didn't take good photos, so I'm sorry about the quality.
While we were in town, we popped over to the Disney Store to buy my ticket for when I go to Tokyo. I'm meeting a friend at Disney Sea on the Tuesday of my trip and we're both buying an After 6pm ticket. It's easier to get them before we get to the park, so we grabbed mine. I got Mickey on it this time! (The tickets have different characters on them.)
And David won me a Kagamine Rin toy at the Game Station in the arcade. It only took one try, too! Lucky!
The cherry blossoms will be in bloom soonish, and Miyagi seems to be gearing up for it. The Airport Access line decorated their trains for the occasion. They're really pretty! I think only the Access line does this. I haven't seen the other trains all decorated, but we'll see~

No comments:

Post a Comment