Friday, February 1, 2013

Real chocolate milk doesn't seem to exist in Japan.

So, as previously stated, January has been a pretty quiet month for us. Nothing fancy going on. As such, I haven't had much to blog about. Sorry~ February will be better. :D

Well, I made lasagna a few nights ago. No, we still don't have an over, but we DO have a TOASTER OVEN! So, I made it in there. The lasagna actually came as a kit~ I thought I was just buying a heavy and expensive box of noodles, but there we are. There was enough to make 2, so it was prefect. They reeeeally need to put more of the bolognese sauce in the package, though. I almost ran out. In any case, it was pretty tasty! And it's the first time I've had lasagna in god knows how long, so I was really happy. Yum yum~ Gonna have to make that again.
Aside from the lasagna excitement, I've been drinking a lot of conbini cafe lattes as of late, as well. It's fun trying the different types out. I had another of the cute Rilakkuma ones, as well as one that tasted like chocolate milk. REAL chocolate milk! Real chocolate milk doesn't seem to exist in Japan. At least, I've never found it. But oh well. I don't drink much of it, anyway, so it's not THAT big of a deal. And I found a coffee that was litterally called Adult Cafe Latte. It tasted pretty good. Guess that must mean I'm officially an adult. So glad that the coffee could confirm that for me~
One of David's coworkers moved away recently, and she gave us some cookies as a farewell present. I thought it was sweet of her~ They're like shortbread, but strawberry and jasmine flavoured. It sounds weird, but they were really tasty. David wasn't a fan, but it's cool. It just meant there were more for me. ;D
Oh! And I experimented recently with my cooking and I've discovered that I really like making eggs without the yolks. That's right~ I've been converted to the egg whites only train. At least for now. I made egg white scrambled eggs recently, with tomatoes and pepper mixed in, and man was it ever tasty. I had that again for breakfast this morning~~~
And here comes the geek mobile~ I bought some Pokemon ramen recently. It was a Christmas pack, but they had so many that they're on sale now. I was waiting for them to go on sale, so woo! Score! It came with a cute little coaster, too. The noodles weren't bad. They were just the right portion for me and they had cute Pikachu kamaboko in it. Yum yum~
So, one of my new years resolutions was to get my ass in gear and get back into running. With my cold from hell persisting for most of the month, I pushed that goal to the side until I got healthy. And now I am, for the most part, so I started running today. And maaaaan~ Am I ever out of shape. That and I forgot how to keep myself paced properly. So, I managed to run almost a kilometer and then I had to walk. But, considering I ran 1k in less than 7minutes, I guess it's a start. I tried to take up the Zombies, RUN! couch to 5k program after that initial run, but it's waaay too easy. So, I may just have to do my own thing. But, I'm hoping to be able to run 3k by the end of the month. I'll keep you posted~ I figure if I run 3 times a week and try to pay attention to how fast I'm running and police myself, it's a doable goal. I want to be able to run a half marathon distance by the end of the year. I'm sure I can do it if I keep with it. It is a bit lonely, though. I don't have a running buddy~ I miss running with you, mum! :(

2 comments:

  1. pokemon ramen *-* wowww..

    ps. you've a very pretty blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I found a chocolate milk in Family Mart today; Van houten Cocoa. It was ¥105 on special, and it's quite good. Very chocolatey.

    ReplyDelete