Monday, December 3, 2012

I reeeeeally wish they had the chai eggnog lattes here!

We had our first snow of the season on December 1st! It was awesome! I was up early, because I was meeting a friend for brunch in Sendai. David worked that morning, so I walked him to work. And as we walked outside, there it was. Snow! Just a light snowfall. And it didn't stay. David's coworkers told him that the snow is blown over from the mountains and it usually won't stay because there's not very much. Oh well~ It still looked nice! I tried to take a picture of it, but I don't think they turned out well.
So, I made a new friend! her name is Tamsyn and she's a doll. I was meeting her for brunch on the 1st. She's from the UK and I swear, she has the cutest accent. And she's just all around awesome. We met very briefly through a mutual friend a few months ago and we've only just gotten together. Anywho~ We had raisin pancakes for brunch at her place. They were awesome! And we just chatted about ourselves and whatnot. She was so easy to talk to and there were never any weird lulls in conversation. I forgot to take pictures, but hopefully I'll remember next time we get together.

While I was walking through the station on my way home, I noticed that Sendai Station has been decorating! They had a massive Christmas tree in the main waiting area. And it was surrounded by Docomo phone booths. Ahaha. Tis the season to make phone calls?I grabbed a coffee from the conbini by the train tracks and it was all Christmas-y, too.
David and I had a date that night which was fun~ We met at Starbucks after he was done work. I tried the praline latte. Not so good. I wasn't a big fan. Back to the staple gingerbread latte, methinks. I reeeeeally wish they had the chai eggnog lattes here! That's my favourite Christmas drink!
On the subject of eggnog, I attempted to make some a few nights ago. It wasn't bad. I added cream into it, to give it a little more body. It looked really watery when I first made it. Bad idea~ The cream kinda overpowers it. Oh well. Live and learn. Gonna give it another bash sometime soon using Keira's recipe.
I've been keeping myself busy honing m new found cross stitch skills. After Luna, I did a tiny Sailor Moon and now I'm working on Angel's Christmas gift. She asked for a sample, so I'm making her one. I'm also half working on an 8-Bit Theatre themed sampler for me. Wooo! Geekery! Isn't it awesome! :D
No pictures of Angel's gift, for obvious reasons~ Don't need her to snoop! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment