Friday, January 6, 2012

Yes, I am now the proud owner of Noble Gundam.

So, I'm sitting eating a Meiji chocolate bar, drinking coke and listening to the Vinyl Cafe~ I figured it was time to make the new years post. Ahahaha.

So, first and foremost, we ate lunch at the tearoom. Angel was working on the 31st, but I had the day off. We decided to get lunch at the tearoom, because we wanted to treat ourselves. Lol. So, while we were eating the bagpiper gentleman came in. Mr. Hunter. He's so cool! From Canada and he's a real sweetheart. He's an older gentleman, but he loves to talk. And he has a lot of interesting stories. He was gonna be piping for the Hogmanay celebration that night. Sadly, Angel and I couldn't stay for it, but I got a picture of him just before we left that night. He actually wasn't sure if he was going to wear the hat, but I told him if he should wear the full regalia for such an occasion.
So, we hopped onto the staff bus at 6pm and set off to town. We got there, ate a quick dinner from 7-11 and then hopped on the Shinkansen. We got a Doubledecker shinkansen this time! Oooooooh~! And we bought ourselves upstairs tickets for the reserved Green Car, just because we could. That's the fancy car. Looots of leg room! And it was just really nice.
Man, that's a horrible picture of me. XD Lol. Anywho~ It was a short trip. Utsunomiya was only 2 stops away. Oh yeah. for those who didn't know, we went to Utsunomiya for new years eve. We went Lucky Bag shopping! It was fun! Anywho~ So, we got to Utsunomiya easily. And when we got there, we set off for our hotel. Now, I booked the hotel. And I remember booking the one that was close to the station. It was a 5 minute walk, said the website. Well, we found the hotel near the station and when we went to check in, it appeared that we didn't have a reservation there. We had a reservation at the one across town! 25 minutes way by foot! But, the ladies were nice and changed our reservation over, so it all worked out. Ahahaha. We decided at that point to go for a quick walk to see how long it would take us to get to Baby, the Stars Shine Bright in the morning. It was a nice walk, maybe 20 minutes. And we passed the shrine and Angelic Pretty while we were out.
So, on our way back we decided that it would be fun to go see the shrine and make our new years wish and get a charm. They would be doing that all night, after all, and we wanted to avoid the crowd. Well, we climbed the (really steep!) steps and got up there and just as we were about to go see the shrine, 2 older Japanese gentlemen asked if they could talk with us. And, being polite, we said sure. Well, they chatted with us for almost 2 hours! It was ridiculous! Like, they were really nice and they're English was really good, but after a while we just wanted to go home. So, we finally made an excuse to leave and off we went. We grabbed crepes on the way home and I only ate about half of mine. It was yummy, though. But, it was sooo cold outside! I thought my hands would fall off!
We stopped at 7-11 and got a quick midnight snack. And then we went back to the hotel and watched the end of Kōhaku. Kōhaku Uta Gassen is an annual New Years show where popular and successful musicians from the past year form two teams and compete. The white team and the red team all preform their popular sings from the year and then people vote. Anywho, we watched the end and then we channel surfed until something else caught our eyes. The Downtown BATSU GAMES! OMG~ I love them! Downtown is a comedy duo and they team up with other comedians at the end of the year and do a special TV program. All of them have a different theme, but the goal is the same. They cannot laugh. At all. If they do, that get whacked across the ass with a bamboo or rubber sword. And of course, there's always traps and people making each other laugh. It's hilarious. But, after that we went to bed.

We woke up a little late the next day. Angel wanted to be at the store by about 8, but we didn't even leave the hotel until 8am. Lol. Oh well. The walk was pretty uneventful. There were lots of people milling about and a few shouted Happy New Year! to us in English. It was sweet. We got in line outside the shop and we were actually 3rd in line! We wasted time watching My Little Pony: FiM and eating breakfast (bought from 7-11).
So, they opened at 10 on the dot and we went rushing in. I WISH I had been able to take a photo. Because it was chaos. But, not as bad as we had heard. We managed to each get the pack we wanted and I found a very pretty pair of earrings on sale. To be honest, no one was really going for the lucky bags. Baby was having a HUUUUGE sale, so everyone was shopping for sale stuff. Lol. Oh well. We did a bit more shopping in the building before we decided to get lunch and go home. We stopped at Freshness Burger and I got a cheeseburger. I found the no smoking sign kinda funny, too.
So, we hopped back on the Shinkansen and headed back home at this point. And then it was back to work the next day. It's been rather dead. But, it'll pick up soon, I'm sure. And Angel was awesome and switched our days off. So, I had yesterday and today off with David. Yay~ We went into town with Brad yesterday. It was good times. I got KATSU CURRY for lunch! Yuuuummmmmmmm~~~~
So, after getting lunch we just did soem shopping. Got groceries, David and Brad each got a new Gundam model and David bought me a cheap Kagami figure for my Lucky Star figure collection. Yay! He also bought me a Gundam model and put it together for me. And it's AMAZING. Yes, I am now the proud owner of Noble Gundam.
I'd like to point out that her feet are pink high heels! Oh yes! Isn't she amazing? Anywho, we also had time to try some UFO catchers. And wanna see what I won?
That's right. Mechanical cat ears. I press a button and they twitch and move. It's AMAZING. And we ended up all going to the pub last night. Well, most of us. We hung out and played with our cameras. Keira and Talia invested in a polaroid camera so we played with that, too. Also, I tried to dye my hair light brown recently and you can see the results in these photos. Didn't quite work, but I've got a cool gradient thing going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment